Hi and welcome to my dear, old friends from Blue Egg Brown Nest and my new friends that are wide-eyed and curious about the world like I am.
This is my new lifestyle blog because I love to write; because I have a need to explore new books; because I get excited by trends and style; because I heart good food, care about mental and physical health and, of course, beautiful decor. This site is not limited to Chalk paint and interiors like my beloved Blue Egg. This site is about what I am attracted to and hopefully it is something that you will draw inspiration from. I am also excited that we can discuss books and health, things that we can relate on in a more intimate level.
I was so serious about this project that I had my site designed before even testing it. So, let’s dive right in and talk about style, blog style. Designer Blogs designed this site in a very simple and pretty way. I wanted it to reflect femininity in a romantic and playful way. I hope you can see that by the tiny bouquet of flowers.
I love it. I have worked with Designer Blogs for the past 7 years and I love their work. Check it out:
A cooking blog is always fun to browse, I think.
Gorgeous! Clean and simple.
If you have not met me in person I may have insisted that you start your own blog. I think it is more than just sharing information. A blog is your very own, personal journal that you get to express to the world. It does not even matter much who reads it. What matters is that you are getting your heart and ideas out of your head and into the wide world. It is a release and it is exciting. At least it is for me.
Love make up? Write a blog.
Want to teach people how to cook Miso soup from scratch? Write a blog.
Care about rescue animals? Write a blog.
Training for a marathon? Write a blog!
Once you decide what you love and inspires you daily, set out to construct a beautiful space to write about it. Designer Blogs is just one example of a web designer that you can use. If you want to start a blog, here are the first things you need to do:
- Create a domain name. This will require that the name/address does not already exist so before you spend weeks coming up with a good name for your blog, make sure it is not already taken!
- Buy the domain name. I bought mine at Google Domains, but there are many places you can purchase your address.
- Subscribe to WordPress or another platform. I have always used WordPress and have been very happy. WordPress is your platform and you can select the look you like. They will be the ones hosting your site.
- Hire a web designer. If you are not tech savvy or have an in-the-know person in your life, you will want to hire a web designer who will design your site and/or put a template onto your WordPress platform. I would typically suggest that you do something cheap and simple to start before pouring lots of money into a custom design that can cost you $500 and up on average.
- Explore your site. Learn how to import images, write posts, connect links and categorize your posts.
- Start posting!
I kind of think we all have something to say. I read recently that the biggest heartache for most people is that idea that they did not try something or go after something that could have been great. Cheers, Friends! Here’s to living without regrets!
I will leave you with this first post with a quote from one of my favorite writers, Brene Brown.